Cage Almost Complete - Questions and Advice

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had an issue once with a chain wrapping around a chinchillas foot so don't know if the weight of the hammock would be enough. To make it heavier, and safer what if you got some wood, and drilled holes, and strung this onto the chain? They can sit on the hammock, and chew on the chews on the chain. Just an idea. Other wise I think it looks like a fun cage!

Thanks, Twilight! I was thinking I might just move one of the shelves down and get rid of the chain all together. But I like your idea, too! Hmmm...at least I still have time to plan more and move things around!

I want the cage to be as safe as possible.

Thanks! I'm not fantastic at sewing, but it was easy enough to make. I hope they like their cuddle buddies and their new cage. :)

The cage looks awsome now! Il ove the cuddle buddy! its like a 3rd chin! ahha

Is there anything I'm forgetting? I just ordered a hay box, a ton of chin toys, and I'm getting a pyrex dish tonight for a litter box. Am I missing anything?

Also, I'm still concerned about the chains and the placement of the shelves. Do you think they'll be able to reach every shelf?

Attachments

• cagealmostdone.jpg
    cagealmostdone.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 30
I think the cage looks good other than the chains, which you said you would maneuvoere around anyways and change, since a leg could get broken easily on one of those.

Anyways, I would leave the shelves as is, and then see when your chin arrives, you will know then if the shelves are reachable.

Gabby.. just wanted to throw out there that I commend you for the dedication you put into your work and research and your solicitation for constructive criticism. Your new chin's digs are cute and full of love! :) Great Job.

Gabby.. just wanted to throw out there that I commend you for the dedication you put into your work and research and your solicitation for constructive criticism. Your new chin's digs are cute and full of love! :) Great Job.

Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me.

I LOVE constructive criticism because it's the only way you can learn what you're doing wrong and how to make it right! And if something is potentially dangerous or hazardous, I'd want to know so I can fix it rather than ignoring it and having possible injuries.

Is this better for the hammock? I also added a litter pan and water bottle. How does it look now? Do you think the S hooks are dangerous? How about the eye screws? Are they too big?

I just don't want any little feet getting stuck anywhere. :)

Attachments

• cagedone2.jpg
    cagedone2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 23
Yeah it looks really really good Gabby! I love the improvements, and love too that you've been so open to suggestions! Your new baby(s) are going to have one heckuva good mommy. :thumbsup:

Back