1 month old twins weights.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

My twins turned 1 month old today. These 2 weights at birth were 54 grs & 56 grs. I have been weighing them twice a week. Today their weights are 174 grs and 170 grs. In my opinion having other babies born here they seem to be gaining too much weight. They are still nursing, eating hay & pellets.

Does anyone else have babies that gain a lot of weight in a month?

Different lines grow at different speeds. Some hit 400g at weaning then promptly stop at 6 months. Others wean small and keep growing and widening until 3 years.

My lowest is 140, highest is 383.

I don't think there is such a thing as babies gaining "too much" weight. Some grow faster, some grow slower. Like Spoof said some grow fast at first and stop early, likewise some grow slower but longer. As long as they're eating and healthy, don't worry about them!

I agree - they are just growing as they are meant to grow. Besides which, even if there was a possibility that they are growing too fast - you can't stop them from eating. They are kits. They need all the nutrition they can get to keep their bodies healthy and growing.

I dont know that Ive ever heard of them gaining too fast either. At just over a month old one of my chins kits is at 296! Hes a COW!

My two week old tipped the scale at 151 grams. Now she is a PIG! I love mammas that milk well!! :dance3:

I don't worry about kits that gain too fast, they seem to level out later. I'd worry about the ones that DON'T gain--that would give me fits!!

Back