Bath Night x 2

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertaGirl

Expert Wheel Scrubber
I decided that it was time for the hogs to have a bath. Phoebe managed to get some poop on her head, and Xander... well, Xander was starting to STINK! It's pretty obvious he's never had a bath before. I was hoping to get him a little more settled in before bathing him, but it was really getting bad. So tonight was the night!

Phoebe was a good girl, as always. She doesn't enjoy baths, but they don't scare her. She let me rub the baby wash into her quills, rinse her, and dry her with minimal fuss.

Poor little Xander on the other hand, was terrified! He was not too bad at first, but once I started rubbing the baby wash into his quills, he just freaked out. I've never seen little hedgie legs move so fast. He was trying so hard to get out of the tub I thought he was going to levitate! I felt so bad for him. In the end I got him washed and rinsed and dried, and he smells good now. For how long, I can't say! He's a messy little boy. I have a feeling he's going to have to get used to baths. :rolleyes:

Aww, poor Xander! I'm glad Phoebe does ok in the bath at least. Luna hates bathtime! She's recently learned that she can climb out the side of the sink...and she tries to jump off the edge of the counter...not good. lol.

I never rub soap into them. A bit of aveeno swished in the water and then I pour the water over their back. Those who are particularly scared I hold in my hand and pour the water over them. Most of the time, being held helps calm them down and keeps the struggling to a minimal. Some hedgehogs are so terrified by being even in half an inch of water that I don't even think about letting them stand in water.

Poor Xander. I have numerous here that will sympathize totally with him.

Normally I wouldn't rub soap into them either, but Xander was so dirty that just rinsing wasn't getting it off. And Phoebe managed to stain her quills all over her head and back with poop, so they both needed a "deep clean". I'm hoping I won't have to do another one of those!

Next time I'll have to try to get some pictures of them in the bath. Phoebe just stands there and gives me the stink eye, and poor little Xander is just so darn cute.

Sandy you really bring the story to life!!!!!!! Poop on her head! Levitate!! I can practically see the whole experience. Poor baby Xander!!!

Back