My pretend hedgies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rose

Since I can't afford a hedgehog yet, I've been going to a pet store down the street every other day to play with their hedgies! The albino and little guy aren't there anymore, so it's just the girlie and the huffy one (I still haven't held him/her). Sorry about the poor quality. I took the photos with my phone, but I'm gonna take more later on. The store doesn't care :)

When we went in there was a bird guarding the hedgies! That's the first bird I've ever liked (i'm scared of them). It would cock it's head to the side and follow us which made us laugh. Then it laughed!
SSPX0033.jpg

SSPX0034.jpg

She's really sweet. She doesn't even get huffy when I wake her up. Could that mean something's wrong with her though?
SSPX0035.jpg

SSPX0036.jpg

I don't think that means something's wrong with her. She just maybe unusually friendly. That's really funny about the bird. She is really cute.

Lol, too cute! I don't think it means something is wrong with her, some hedgies are just super friendly, I have one that I have never seen go into a ball! I love the pattern on the hedgehog, it is really pretty.

A pinto!! I want a pinto!!
Although, I would probably feel bad for the huffy one because she has a much worse chance at being adopted. But I always root for the underdog!

Btw, my Spiny never cared really if someone picks him up. Some hedgehogs arebjust really chill.

Although, I would probably feel bad for the huffy one because she has a much worse chance at being adopted. But I always root for the underdog!

Same here! I think I saw Maserati's face for about half a second out of the 20 minutes I held her before I took her home with me. I just felt so sad for her and fell in love! And now she's still a little huff-ball, but she's a sweetheart with me and such a snuggler.

The little pinto is so cute, though! I hope they find happy, loving homes! :)

Since I can't afford a hedgehog yet, I've been going to a pet store down the street every other day to play with their hedgies!
Lol, that's exactly what I do! I work at a petstore, so I get to play with the hedgies a lot. I don't have enough space in my tiny apartment at the moment...I love the grumpy guys. They make me laugh! Quillow's really funny, because she get's so freaked out around people, but when she's by herself, she runs around and poos everywhere. Sometimes she rolls around in her poo too. :laughitup:

Last edited:
Awe! Its nice that you can play with them and check them out before you can get one. And I bet they love the attention (for the most part, lol) too.

Back