Hazel loves car rides?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hedgiekel

I am still laughing about this...

So my fiance and I stayed at his mother's house all last week because we had to dog sit, so we of course took the two animals...Hazel the hedgehog and our rabbit Cygnus.
The car ride there, Hazel was not very happy. I kept her in her cage but well tied down and secure. The bunny hates being in the car too.
Well tonight, coming home in the car, I hear this strange noise coming from Hazel's cage and thought "well she must be digging or something". Well I kept hearing it louder and more frequent so I flipped on the light and looked back and she was on her wheel just a goin'! I have never seen her act that way and the rabbit was right beside her making noise and it didn't even phase her. I was hitting some bumps and turning curves (as gently as I could) and it didn't bother her in the least. Every so often I'd hear her eat her kibble and then right back on the wheel she went. I thought it was hilarious and when normally I'd turn a light on and she'd run....when I did it this time she just looked at me while running on her wheel as if to say "hey this isn't bad woohoo!" It was like she was wired tonight...very out of the ordinary but quite funny!

Too funny!:laughitup:

When Hotdog finally started using her wheel every night, I got REALLY excited. My parents didn't believe me and I wanted to show them so I made them creep into my room around 10:30. I turn the light switch on, a triumphet smile already spreading across my face. Imagine my surprise when the wheel is empty. Dead empty. My parents just kind of looked at me and said "What did you want to show us again?" Come on! Couldn't have hotdog atleast poop a bit on the wheel? *Boy makes sure Hotdog did not read that last part* Just when you think you know them, their evil, yet cute, mind turns against you!

Wow, that's pretty incredible she didn't get sick, esp. being on the wheel! Penny just pukes everytime I take her in the car.

Back