Mid-Ohio Exotic animal auction?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

onduvalst

Has anyone heard of the Mt Hope Ohio Exotic Auction? A client of my husband is traveling there at the end of the month to buy an animal and suggested that he could buy a hedgehog there as well. Well I found their site and they will be auctioning Hedgies. Does anyone know where this Hedgies could possible come from? Is it a good idea to purchase a Hedgie this way?
I read several blogs of people in the surrounding states who breed exotics and then travel to the auction to sell their animals but none were Hedgehog breeders.
Emily

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move to correct thread

I have recently heard of this as well. I have talked to Gail Dick and she DOES NOT attend this "auction". Being closer to the Pennsylvania side of the state I too am wondering where these "breeders" are coming from and who they are. I would appreciate any information anyone has. It could be an acceptable place to purchase a hedgie but everything about it so far seems VERY suspicious.

Back