Night Vision Camera

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sunshine

Rob set up a night vision digital camera in the hedgie room. It is motion activated, so when the girls get up and move around the camera starts recording.

Last night we watched the videos. There were about 9 of them, and in them Nuance is on the wheel running and Fray is putzing around the cage. She runs to the pipe, then runs to the food dish and GETS INTO IT, and then back to her pigloo.

The best part? We noticed on one of the videos that the elephant was moved, so we watched the 10 minute video before that... and the little girl starts tugging the elephant around by the tale...

I need to figure out how to get it uploaded to show you... it was so funny!

That sounds adorable. If it's a regular digital camera, you can just upload it to your pc like a pic, then use maybe another site to upload the video and put the link in. Than's how mine works anyways.

Hope you can figure it out, sounds to cute not to watch.

jean

Wow, that is a cool idea! I would love to see what my hedgies do in the night! I hope you figure it out too, I would love to see it!

That is so awesome! I always wonder what goes on "behind closed doors"... I can NEVER see Kuma do anything, he is too moody to run with an audience. He will only eat and poop when I am around! What kind of camera did your boyfriend use to take the videos? Thats is so so cool... please post if you can!

Ooh! I've been wanting a night vision camera - can you tell me what make and model that your husband bought? I'm so curious about what Anyong does while we're sleeping!

Thats sounds so cool! I CAN"T wait to see it! :D
I'm definatly going to try that, but how would you place the camera? do you have a stand of some sort?

ellen-I will check.. he bought it 2 years ago over the summer....

hedgepig- The cage is up on a table, and we have a pile on the edge (box of oatmeal bath, CD-R tube, and an upside down bowl) to prop the camera up on.

We just need to rearrange the cage so that we see the wheel too, instead of the two pigloos.

I'd love to see the video too. If you find the make and model, please post - I'm always looking for ways to check in on the hogs when I'm out of town. :)

Back