Kismet is weird.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtney

... and the Dynamic Duo!
The little Diva has been feeling a bit under the weather lately, which I figure is due to the weather and the fact that my light bulb burned out and we had none to fit my light fixture in the house. Of course, I discovered it was burned out when I went to turn the light on in the morning. No portable lights we had were strong enough to provide adequate light, and the hedgehogs revolted. Kismet got a bit sick, Vette decided to hibernate and Cuda refused to wheel and opted instead to dump his food and water all over his cage.

Anyway, we bought a lightbulb on our way home from work and everything is slowly returning to normal. Kismet is still being a baby, but I have reason to believe she’s just playing me. I’m going out of town this weekend for a family function and she ALWAYS does something strange before I leave.

To help her little tummy out, I’ve been giving her acidophilus with her kibble. It’s making a world of difference. She had a bit of loose poop and after one day of getting acidophilus; the loose poop is nearly gone. However, little miss Diva has decided that the acidophilus is yummy on it’s own, and she’s actually been licking it off her kibbles. She eats the kibble… but she just licks the powder off first. The minute I take the bottle of capsules from my desk, she’s on her way out of her bag and heading to the food dish.

I knew she’d eat almost anything I offered her, but this is just really… odd. :confused:

Oh my god. Your hedgies really did revolt. I can't imagine coming back to find that kind of destruction. Maybe Kismet doesn't like the powder and she's just cleaning off her nummy kibbles.

Even if so, she's still eating the acidophilus. She can hate it all she wants, as long as she continues to lick it off the kibble. LOL.

Mine like acidophilus too and eat the kibble with it on it first. Same with flax seed oil. I guess they just like weird things.

Well... I guess there are hedgehogs who anoint over dog poop and cigarette butts so we shouldn't be too surprised. LOL.

Back