Chinchilla ate plastic

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darian.Gusthechin

The bag I keep my chinchillas treats in is on the top of his cage something moved it just enough to get it in his reach he ate off the corner of the ziploc bag to get to his treats...will this small amount of plastic bag harm him...should I take him to the vet or wait it out

The bag I keep my chinchillas treats in is on the top of his cage something moved it just enough to get it in his reach he ate off the corner of the ziploc bag to get to his treats...will this small amount of plastic bag harm him...should I take him to the vet or wait it out
I'd wait it out and just keep a really close eye on him. As long as he continues eating, drinking and pooping, he's fine. Mine ate pieces of the old FN plastic shelves, large amounts of PVC from their old tubes, and headphone wires without any ill effects. Freak occurrences are always possible, but he should be fine.

if you want to store things on top of the cage, you might want to place a sheet of fleece or something on top first. They are really good getting to items on top of the cage.

Back