Hey There!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xCritterCreations

Hiya there! My name is Mandee, I’m from Rochester Ny and am the proud pet parent to...

Chinchillas:
Peony: Female Standard Grey Chin (2 1/2 Years)
Pippa: Female White Chin (1 1/2 Years)
Peanut: Female Beige, Freckled Ear Chin (3 Years)

Bunnies:
Hutch: Male 4 Years Old
Dutch: Male 7 Months

All of them have been rescued animals!

Peony came from a home where they purchased 2 chins and were told they were both female...WRONG! She got pregnant and had a kit a baby boy. They then sold both the baby and the father leaving her alone. She was stuck inside a Midwest guinea pig cage with a dust bath house and one ledge...no toys at all. She had bitten off all of her fur she could reach due to the stress and boredom. Some days they neglected to feed her so she was underweight as well...I’m happy to say I have had her for over a year now and she is doing fantastic. She was afraid of people but now comes right up to greet you. Her grew back though sometimes she does still chew.

Pippa and Peanut came together but had never been introduced or housed together. They got them both as babies through a breeder, I was told they were getting rid of them due to moving but when about a week after adopting them I noticed peanut had some drool...turns out they had never given them anything to grind their teeth so her teeth were severely over grown and causing issues. They have since been trimmed and both her and Pippa are doing great!

After very slow introductions and moving toys back and forth between cages, all three of my girls now successfully live together in a DCN.

Throughout my life I have had many pets such as guinea pigs, rabbits, mice, rats, hamsters, dogs, cats, frogs, lizard, and fish but chinchillas are by far my favorite.

I also currently have started my own Etsy shop full of healthy treats for your pet!

ETSY SHOP: https://www.etsy.com/shop/xCritterCreations
FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/xCritterCeation

Back