Cage Pictures

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
537540_10150970229199047_560789046_11826249_928465563_n.jpg

163550_10150970228074047_560789046_11826248_1391497984_n.jpg

Sorry it's so grainy! Cinnamon's new cage :). Thanks to camphor/Tiffany and nw chins :)

My turn!!! lol

lowlvl-1.jpg

Lower level is where the eating/running/drinking/peeing goes on, not much down here!!

upperlvl.jpg

Upper level is a little more interesting, I put granite tiles on all of the flooring, and what the tiles didnt cover i used fleece. Hammock and matching tube thanks to Annieo! Order stuff from her, she's awesome. Couple hanging toys. The huge one came from AZChins. Order from her too, she's also awesome! And some wood to cover the wire shelves..I was going to remove the wire altogether but I decided to just cut pieces of wood to match the length and stuff!

all.jpg

And the view of the cage as a whole! And Gizmo says hi by the way ;)

Sorry for the double post, but I cant edit mine for some reason. The lower level picture got deleted, in case you cant see it in the overall shot, here it is :)

lowlvl.jpg

Updating cage, got to keep the non Ferret Nation crowd going. Due to the compromises of fleece, I decided to not compromise and am first adding Shaving trays on a portion of the cage floor.
Attached is a picture of where the shavings meet the fleece.
I used thin poplar for the walls so they could be chewed, about 2 inches around sides facing out and drops to only 1 inch where it meets fleece to make seemless transition. Has bottom that can be cleaned just by wiping and slides right out. So far it is a hug hit with the boys and keeps that same look of the cage, but with a more natural corner. So far not messy at all.
Next update is to build bamboo tiki tunnel for bottom floor. Got all the bamboo cut from the valley and drying.
For those who have seen my cage before and were concerned about the plastic tunnel. I have heeded those warnings despite my stubbornness and thought it would be more comfortable for them if covered in fleece anyway. I'll attaché pictures when I next take full cage shots.

Attachments

• shavingscage.jpg
    shavingscage.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 57
Can they have mango tree branches?

:):)
Newly decorated home and the "yard":

HakkisisustusPuut1.jpg

(Sorry for the large images but smaller ones just wouldn't be any use!)

A branch mess like this probably isn't the most aesthetic solution - but the girls seem to be very pleased and that's all that really matters! :))

HakkisisustusPuut2.jpg

There's more to come: I'll make more "suspension bridges" to safely fill the upper part of the cage - it still seems to be quite empty.
My neighbor cut down her mango tree. And I wanted to know if I could used the branches for their cage. Is that safe?

Back