Loofah problems?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quesachilla

Hello,

So my chinchilla loves loofahs and he is fine with the ones from the petstore. However, I recently gave him a homegrown loofah slice and his poop had a weird shredded consistency to it. I took away the loofa for now, but does anyone know what the problem is?

I've never heard of this specifically being an issue, do you have a picture of the poops and has it cleared up since removing the new loofah?

I did not take a photo. It has cleared up since I took it away, but I gave him a small slice and watched him closely for a couple of hours and now he seems to be okay. So I don't know what the problem was.

I agree, a picture would be helpful. Is his poo still weird, or was it just temporary? I've never heard of loofah causing poo issues either.

You mentioned it was homegrown loofah, it's possible it could have acquired some bacteria that didn't agree with your chin. It's best to thoroughly rinse the loofah and then slow bake at a low heat to be safe. This also makes the loofah crispy and crunchy which chins happen to love!

Back