Yay for Bonnie's Progress!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sugarmama

:D

For those of you that don't know about Bonnie, here is a brief rundown of events:

I found Bonnie on Craigslist in early December. She is just over a year old, and was severely malnourished--she only weighed 329 grams. Her owners were told by the petstore to feed her dried fruit and pellets. When we arrived to see her, she had been out of food and dust for some time.

We brought her home, and put her on acidophilus, simethicone, timmy hay, and Mazuri. I don't believe she had hay before, and her teeth were nearly white from lack of calcium. She was extremely thin and bony, and you could feel her spine sharply on her back. She had chewed much of the fur off her front and hind legs.

She is doing so well--she is up to 430 grams! She has a nice round little belly, and you can't feel her spine sticking out anymore. She's active and sassy!

Here is a picture take shortly after we got her:
Bonnie.jpg

And here she is a couple of weeks ago:
Bonnie1_1monthlater.jpg

Bonnie looks great. What a difference proper care makes. Still makes me sick that some people are so clueless that they'd let an animal get into that deplorable state though. Sad.

She looks great. It's so sad what some people will do to their critters :( Thank you for giving bonnie an amazing home!!!

Lookin' good Sug. Glad to hear she's doing so much better.

Hey guys you see that toy behind her, she likes to run up to it and push it just to hear the bell ring. Isn't that funny?

Glad to see she's coming along so well. It's amazing how these guys turn around with even the smallest amount of TLC

she looks great!!! the old pics of her makes my heart hurt...im so happy she is doing well!!! she looks so happy with you!!

She is soooo sweet, Susan! I'm so glad you took her in and she's doing so well! :D

My Minnie came from a similar situation (poor food, no hay, hadn't had a dust bath in weeks, underweight, etc.). We also found her on CL. She's doing much better now. Congrats on your wonderful job as a chinparent and for getting her back on the right track! :)

Aww bless her:heart3:
You are doing a great job with Bonnie and all that love and TLC is paying off:hug2:
I'm not surprised that she probably didn't get hay as I have come across this many times and it still shocks me, considering they need the hay to help keep their teeth down!!

Keep up the good work and let us know how your little lady is progressing:heart3:

Wow, what an mprovement. You've done a great job with her. She's a lucky chin!

Back