Martin Annointing (Video)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks much for posting. It's been too long since I've seen a hedgie anoint. Satin was a champion anointer, but it's not Tex's way.

Was his wheel slightly wet still? I as because Tylda will lick at her wheel too if I don't get it completely dry. I only use water to clean her wheel (and a soft brush) so it definitely isn't any smell from soap or vinegar doing it with her.

Tylda is fascinated by water though, she plays in her water dish every night. I haven't caught her anointing from licking her wheel, but it wouldn't surprise me if she did too.

Yes, it was still a bit wet when I put it back in. I noticed that water was dripping from the hair scrunchie I put in back to quiet the wheel down, and there was still some water on the running surface. Whatever the trigger, Martin sure got into it! If I'd recorded the entire episode, it would have been almost 10 minutes long! I can never understand how they contort themselves like that.

Back