Litter Box!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susiandfilbert

New Mommy
Hi all,
I just had to share something with you all this fine morning,
I have had Filbert for 1 week and 1 day (if you count today) and today is his 7 week birthday :)clap: YAY FILBERT).
What I wanted to share is that yesterday while he was out with me (apart from falling off the table poor baby - am keeping a close eye on him for any unusualities [is that a word?]) he was a little pooping machine. He tried pooping on me 3 (count them) THREE times and each time, before he could let it 'drop', I placed him in his litter box (this is the first 'training' i´ve done since previously I have been worried about his eating habits and not paid much attention to any type of training). Before going to bed I emptied and cleaned his litter box (seeing as it was now poopified) and popped it back in. This morning when I woke up there were two poops in his littler box! And only one piece of recycled paper substrate on the lining outside of his box which PROVES that he went in there and got out when he was done pooping!

I am a VERY proud mummy, it was all I could do not to take a picture of his poopified litter box to show you all this morning!
I had heard that while some do take to litter box usage, it usually takes a month or two of training!

That's pretty much it... I am BEAMING with pride :notworthy:

Funny how the little things can make a critter mommy so proud!
Non-animal people might think you were crazy, but we totaly understand!

Back