The new kid

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalandra

I know several of you are dieing to see a pic of the new kid, I had not taken any as she was having some adjustment issues and I didn't want to stress her anymore than she already was. However, we have had some good breakthroughs the last couple of nights and I thought I would post one.

She has a name, but the name her prior owners gave her she doesn't seem to like, so we have been waiting for her to tell us what it should be. I think we have discovered the name, but I'm going to give it another day to ensure I am right... you'll just have to wait for that :p

Anyway, little girl is a rescue, turned 4 months old last week and was given up to rescue a while ago. She finished her quilling at the rescue who had her and she is still growing. But she does seem to be adjusting life with the Stormriders and I think we may have convinced her she really is home for good this time.

Attachments

• little-girl.jpg
    little-girl.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 66
Awesome Julie, she is gorgeous! It probably won't take long for her to realize that she has hit the jackpot! :) Have fun with your new little girl.

Hi there little girl. I hear you're quite the spitfire! I hope you're settling into your new home well. Such a beautiful picture of you. I know your new hedgiemommy and daddy have lots of love to give you. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Oh my goodness, she is gorgeous. Hey, 1 picture is just a tease. Can't wait for more. :)

Sorry about that, but the rest I took were of her going "No No! NO NO! NO!!!!"

She's been quite the interesting girl. Very high energy levels. She's not raised a quill yet, but is very adamant at times that she must be left alone. She will fight to get away.

Most nights have been spent holding her for 15-20 minutes, then her deciding she needs to go back to her cage. I need a drink. I need to eat. I need to go to poop. I need to pee. Yes I've learned each of those already. After she does what needs done, she'll go lay in her fleece tube until I come pick her back up. Then another 15-20 minutes of interaction and she's ready to go back to the cage. I swear sometimes she just wants to go back to her cage ensure its all still there.

She's a sweetie, but has a very determined and unconquerable personality. She does what she wants, and you will do it too... Oh wait, she's a hedgehog.

She has a name, but the name her prior owners gave her she doesn't seem to like, so we have been waiting for her to tell us what it should be. I think we have discovered the name, but I'm going to give it another day to ensure I am right... you'll just have to wait for that :p
Okay... I'm as good a sport as anyone... but it's been more than "another day." Really looking forward to an update on little girl's name situation. Please!?

Little one has shown that she is quite a fighter and is quite unconquerable when she sets her mind to something. She seems to have chosen a name of Polish origin meaning mighty in battle or strong/courageous in battle. She has accepted Tylda as her name.

Back