jst burnt the heck out of my finger...help?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
So I was just taking my bananna bread out of the oven and burnt my finger on the oven door....ran it under cold water and such...I've read butter can be applied???

Suggestions???

p.s. I offically hate bananna bread:mad:

Do not use butter or any type of grease. It will hold the heat in and make the burn worse. Keep running under cold water or wrap with a cool damp cloth. Aloe can help take the sting out.

PUT ICE ON IT RIGHT NOW - DIRECTLY ON THE BURNT AREA!!!It really reverses the burning process, and stops it from traveling!

I agree, no butter. Be very careful that it doesn't get infected. I have a neighbor who burnt her finger and it got infected. She ended up having minor surgery done on it. The doctor told her that if she hadn't gotten medical attention, she could have lost her finger.

I picked up a pot by the metal handle the first time I used a gas stove... It hurt SO BAD! I called my mom in tears and she told me to run cool water over it. My dad said to put butter on it and she yelled at him and said don't do that :p She said cool water, not ice cold water or ice because the temperature difference would shock it more. And she said to spray it with bactine because it would keep it from getting infected and stop the hurt a little bit. And to take an advil. My boyfriend got me some burn aloe stuff too. Mostly I just kept running cool water on it and took and advil.

Mustard is really good for burns. I'm not sure why, but thats what I was taught when working in the food industry and it really helps

My wife is a surgical nurse and was surprised when she found out they were submersing burn victims in ice water - does stop the progression! I used an ice cube on my finger once, [after she told me that] and it didn't even blister! Skin did peal apon healing, but not like a blister! Works for me!

Current medical advice is to run it under cold water for several minutes. Ice is NOT good for burns, despite its common practice.

I just did this!!! I got a steam burn from my food which was cooking in the microwave.

Ive been holding it in a glass of cool water for a loong time but everytime I take it out it just starts to burn again! Guess Im just going to have to sleep like this..........lol

Hey as long as I don't feel the burn, I won't mind! :p

ETA: I tried the mustard thing.. put it on for like 5mins.. but it didnt work :(

Last edited:
I thought we were talking fingers, here! It was Loyola Medical Center doing it on whole bodies with 1st and 2nd degree burn victums!

I had burned my finger on a hot iron, when I was ironing something. OMG It hurt so bad! I had to run it under cold water for 1/2 hr and then it just wouldn't stop burning, I put some ice on it and took myself to walgreens to get some burn stuff, oh that felt so much better, But i swear I couldn't put anything warm near the burn or it would hurt really bad, for about a month!

Back