Favorite Sleeping Place

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Chins favorite place to sleep is...

• Hanging Hidey House

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Hammock

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Wooden Hut

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tube

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • On a Ledge

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Minccino

Chin-sational
Where is your chin' s favorite place to sleep?

Mine doesn't like sleeping in hanging fleece. I've never seen him sleep in his hanging fleece house or hammock. His favorite bed is in his wooden hut.

So what's your chinnies favorite hangout? Is there anything they dislike/won't sleep in?

^Mine doesn't like sleeping in anything 'loose' either. That one also won't sleep in houses. The only place he comfortably sleeps is his tube.

My other one prefers the tube but he will sleep everywhere.

Both of mine cuddle up together in their hanging hidey house. I've never seen them sleep anywhere else for any length of time.

Both of mine cuddle up together in their hanging hidey house. I've never seen them sleep anywhere else for any length of time.

Aww, that sounds adorable!! Eli will sit in his hidey house to chew a piece of wood or something, so at least he goes in it somewhat. Maybe one day he'll decide to sleep in it. :p

He is also a fan of fleece covered tubes. I see him in there pretty often.

It seems to depend on the time of day and the temp. Most of the time they sleep in their hut, but in the afternoon they are almost always on the top ledge sleeping where their top food bowl is (waiting for dinner as soon as they wake). They are normally also on a ledge more if it's warmer in the room. They do occasionally sleep in the hammocks but not as often as they use to.

All my boys are different. Wooden nest boxes, tubes, shelves and hanging houses are all favourites. The three boys who live together will start in the fleece hanger, and then all migrate to a shelf and then to the wooden nest box. Zulu likes to sleep on his fleece cover with his head resting against his pellet bowl, or on top of his nest box. Salt often sleeps on top of his fleece hanger. :)

My girls definitely prefer the fleece tube! That is the favorite/coveted place to nap for each of the girls.

But they also like to sleep under this "fiddle sticks" rainbow thing. It's the place the other one will sleep if one is kind of stretched out in the tube :p

Bandit loves the hammock I made for him for Christmas
2ff1f108033a6299993998b1f0184c6e.jpg

Tom will sleep most places - from what I can tell it reflects on how safe he feels.

Hidey hut/house only when he's scared - he hasn't slept in it since the first week I had him.
Ledges - majority of the time he sleeps on these.
Fleecy hammock - occassionally sleeps here, when he's feeling lazy he'll sleep here cos he can reach his food bowl without getting out of the hammock :laughitup:
Anywhere on the floor - when he's really chilled out he's quite happy to stop and nap in the middle of the room, but he does sprint off if there's a sudden noise or movement.

One loves sleeping in his hut. The other one likes to lay on his side out in the open where he can wake up occasionally, chew a pumice stone, and pass out on his side for another hour

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Back