Treats for chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I want to give my chin some more treats when he does something good. Right now I don't have any for him, occasionally I will give him one plain cheerio and he loves them but I don't want him getting chunky. Any recommendations for snacks for them to have that won't make him gain too much weight but also something that he would like? I used to give him dried blueberries and he loved them, are they okay to keep giving or is there something better that you can recommend?

Thanks!

you dont want to use any fruit or veggies. They are high in sugar which can cause organ issues later in life. Seeds and nuts are along the same path with problems of there own.

There are several differnt type of safe treat that im sure someone can list or link to. But all are in high moderation.

The only thing im aware of so fat thats ok to give them often are twigs. (They have to be properly prepared, so you cant pick one up off the ground.)
There are several sellers of them. One is Ronda's. Chins all have there own likes and dislike as to which kind they want. And even a single chin can change tastes. That being said, the most common for a chin to like is apple.

Back