Bulldog info?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusieJJ

chinnies215
Going through different breeds of dogs, I've decided that a bulldog would be a good fit for me. Does anyone have bulldogs and have any information about them as pets, other than what you read on informational sites and books?

My mother raised and bred English Bulldogs They are GREAT pets!! Very loyal. And they never forget anything. We had 1 that got along well with other dogs until 1 day my mom was out side with her horse n the neighbors dog charged at the horse and my mom the bulldog attackd the other dog for going after them then ever since she never got along with other dogs. We had alot of them and for some reason we always had a problem with them getting along with other dogs. But with kids they are GREAT! There are 2 types of English Bulldogs. 1 is a wet mouth and 1 is a dry mouth. The wet mouth drools and foams at the mouth after eatting drinking or playing and a dry mouth drools BUT NOTHING like a wet mouth. We always had dry mouths but out of a litter we kept a puppy n she was a wet mouth o boy did i hate it! She would walk up n jus slime your pants leg whatever her mouth touched it was horrible! They learn fast when teaching them tricks and potty training. We had 1 English Bulldgo that learned how to wave hi and bye in a few hours. I would HIGHLY recommend a English Bulldog BUT they are very pricey we never got a bulldog for under $2,500 BUT ours were AKC reg. Only health problems we had was the cherry eye with 1 and kidney failure with another. They are wrinkley but not like a shar pei so you dont have to clean really well under their wrinkles. They can get overweight fast if feed anything they need alot of exersice as we had alot that would destroy things when they didn't get walked and they can over heat easily cuz their nose is basicly smashed into their face *LOL* And BOY be prepared for ear plugs at night they can snore up a storm!! What ever breed you decide to get I wish you n your family luck!!

Bulldogs are a great breed. Just make sure you research all health and hygenie issues with any breed you are considering.

You can get an English Bulldog for less than $2500 but odds are it is not one from a breeder you want to buy from.

Back