Fleece over ramps

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittanyderoy

Hi guys, I’m trying to put fleece over Wilbur’s cage but I don’t sew and I’ve tried binder clips which don’t work with his cage.. it’s a Percy animal cage. Any suggestions or thoughts ?

Ok, I had to look up that cage as I had never heard of it, is this https://www.wayfair.ca/pet/pdx/tucker-murphy-pet-percy-animal-cage-tkmp3493.html what you are talking about? If so, as is that cage does not look safe for a chin, the ramps and shelves both should actually just be removed and replaced. Solid wood for the shelves and chins don't need ramps unless they are disabled, so I'd replace the ramps with ledges to get from shelf to shelf rather then trying to cover the ramps.

Also the bottom floor is not really safe either, toes and possibly legs can get caught and broken. Is the grating removable? if not can the bottom pan be used inside the cage instead? For the bottom, you can just wrap the fleece around the pan.

Yeah we covered everything so that his feet/legs wouldn’t get hurt. Using wood and fleece for the bottom. Thanks for the advice with the ramps, I rearranged his cage today and took out the ramps and made bigger platforms.

Back