What kind of chinchilla owner are you?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of chinchilla owner are you?

• Pet Owner

Votes: 159 90.3%
  • Breeder

Votes: 33 18.8%
  • Pelter

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
I think she meant as in using the pelt from a chin that had died due to other causes rather than having the pelter do it.

I don't think they normally do that, but I could be wrong. I do know some pet owners will have it done to keep something of their chin after they are gone.

Just a pet owner. [: My parents would never let me breed. XD [even though my friend has a quite charming female, it would never happen unless my friend's parents agreed on it. lol]

Pet owner and loving every minute of it. I can't imagine not having something furry around me. Also what to do with all the time, if there are no litter boxes to cleaned, dogs to be walked, cages to be cleaned, water changes in 30 gallon containers to be done, yeah what else is there!? :)

Pet owner :)

and about the whole pelting thing...correct me if I'm wrong...isn't that the whole concept behind the breeding/mutations industry? Like, people started looking for different "colors" of chinchillas for different colored chinchilla coats? I'm not sure where I heard this, or if it's entirely accurate..but I heard that the trend in what colors to aim for trickles down from the trends in the pelting industry.

Please someone shed some insight on this as I have really no idea, and would like to know more....if it is possible to do without starting a debate. I'm really just trying to expand my knowledge.

I had pets first and then decided to hobby breed and show. I don't have a problem with people who pelt and do it in a humane fashion.

Primarly breeder. I do have two pet males and a pet only female as well. I am considering pelting my chins that pass away.

I'm a pet owner and just got into breeding. Not a fan of pelting at all. I just can't look at their cute faces and say "I wanna make a coat out of a bunch of these."

I'm a pet owner or rather a pet slave:D. I'm afraid I don't agree with pelting at all, or any of the fur industry, It's despicable IMO. Fur should be on the animal it belongs to:)).

Back