Star Trek

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoof

Kung Fu Chinny!
Beat Wolverine by a mile. I laughed, I snickered, and I enjoyed the entire thing.

The best part - Scotty's pet. :D

We saw it today. LOVED IT! It was such a well-balanced movie. Some action, some tragedy, some comedy, some nekkidity, and a well written story line. I was never bored and always waiting to see what would happen next. I think both purist trekkies and modern trekkies would enjoy it, as well as people who've never even seen a star trek episode in their life. So go see it!

I agree! I'm a hardcore Trekkie and went in with VERY high expectations. Not only did it meet my expectations, it exceeded them. Glad I'm not the only one who spotted Scotty's pet too! ;)

gads... now that they've completely changed the time line dating back to the beginning of the original series (eg, Vulcan no longer exists as it used to throughout TOS, TNG, DS9, etc...), what does that mean? everything that was canon is no longer? we throw the whole thing out the window? will there never be another TNG movie? if there is, will it have to account for the completely new time line?!?!?! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spock and Uhura an item!?!?!?!?!??

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

...trying to cope...trying to cope...

Yes, major kudos to the director for that eye-twitching scene where you could feel the captain *not* getting the girl.... :D

Loved, loved, LOVED it and I was very sceptical. As an original (and BEST) series watcher I was hacked off when I saw a preview of Spock and Kirk going at it. Spock WOULD NEVER hit Kirk, with the exception of pon farr where Kirk willing went against Spock to help him through the difficult time, I was disappointed thinking J J Abrams made Spock into something he wasn't.
But after watching the movie, and knowing too well Spocks devotion to his mother, it made perfect sense and I accepted how it came about.
The Romulan ship was incredible. The special effects in this movie were great. I was happy to see not too many changes to the Enterprise and the space shuttle.
LOVED Karl Urban's Leonard McCoy! Was so glad we got to hear, dammit I'm a doctor not a (fill in the blanks)
Too bad we didn't get to her Scottie in his Scottish burr saying, Capn I'm giving her all she's got!
I am definitely in for more movies with this cast.
Also SO glad to see Spock and Uhura's desire carried onto this movie, they did always have a thing for each other, and Kirk had to watch Spock get the girl!

The way I understand it (now that I've seen the new movie) is that they're in a different but parallel time plane, created when Spock the Grey went through the black hole and thereby changed destiny. Canon is still valid; we've just gone through a worm hole and are now seeing another reality in which Vulcan was destroyed, Spock and Uhura got their groove on, etc..

gads... now that they've completely changed the time line dating back to the beginning of the original series (eg, Vulcan no longer exists as it used to throughout TOS, TNG, DS9, etc...), what does that mean? everything that was canon is no longer? we throw the whole thing out the window? will there never be another TNG movie? if there is, will it have to account for the completely new time line?!?!?! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spock and Uhura an item!?!?!?!?!??

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

...trying to cope...trying to cope...

I really liked this movie. I've only ever seen a few episodes of star trek but it was enough for me to understand what was going on. The movie had the right balance of everything and was awesome!

Back