Strange Chin Behavior?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheeriosMum

So tonight I took my chin out for playtime. I always sit on the floor with him while he runs around, and he will usually jump on me every once and a while - but tonight he started doing something new. He jumps on me and lightly bites me OR jumps on me and starts digging/nibbling on my leg almost like hes humping it. Also hes been chattering his teeth. I know what his nibbles feel like and this feels entirely different.
This is my first chinchilla, Ive had him for two weeks and he's about 2 or 3 months old. Ive never done anything to make him feel threatened (ie chase him around, squeeze him etc) and I interact with him every day. The bites dont particularly hurt but they are startling.

What is my chin trying to tell me??

Sometimes it can be hard to tell things with them. But from the sound of it, my guess would be that your guys a bit horny'
In my experience, they get a little bit more energetic, and a little bit more aggressive. You can kinda notice a bit more urgency in the chins look and actions. They often wag there tail in this mode as well.

Back