Shelving and ledge

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigglesAndBertie

I've been reading these forums for over 2 years now, long before I got my own chinchillas, and you've taught me a lot!

I have recently bought a Liberta Explorer II cage to replace my old cage.

Does anyone know how/where I can buy a shelf to fit underneath it? The stand is probably a foot and a half high, and there's a horizontal bar that goes around all 4 sides of the stand, 2-3 inches off the ground, and it'd be ideal to have a chinchilla safe surface (wooden or a metal rack) to place on those bars to give me a shelf to store some things on.

My other question was about shelving. Is there anywhere in the UK that sells solid pine shelves, with a pine edge on to help to contain the mess? There are sellers in the US selling similar. But in the UK, I can only find plywood shelves like this, or solid pine shelves with no edging.

Thanks.

Biggles and Bertie will be grateful for the input!

well i was going to say try bass pans, or quality cages. I believe they both do custom work. But they are US based i think. I have no idea about UK. If you can get the dimensions maybe you could find a metal worker or cage company that could make it?

Back