How often do you scrub/disenfect your water bottles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clean/scrub once a week. One chin drinks from a bowl, it gets refilled 2x a day and scrubbed every morning.

I have extra water bottles. When a chinchilla finished the water bottle, it's replaced with a fresh and clean bottle. Usually a bottle will last between 3-4 days for a chin, but I never refill and replace a water bottle.

I rotate the bottle/tanks out weekly or every two weeks depending on tank size, and flush the lines twice a year.

i refill bottles after a rinse out every second day, and wash them with dish soap in the sink once a week. same for food dishes and hay holders (glass and metal), except those don't get rinsed in between wash days, unless Rhino decides it's fun to pee on his hay canister (glass). lil booger.......

i scrub the bottles (for all my animals) the day their cage gets clean.so it could be within a couple days up to a week.

I scrub the water bottle when I do a full cage clean, which is every 5 or 6 days. :)
Fresh water daily (usually). Once in a while every other day.

Back