My heart is broken.. Phoenix

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Phoenix. I remember when you got him and his transformation from scraggly little thing to an beautiful puffy chinchilla. I'm glad he got to feel loved by you for the past couple months and he is now resting in peace over rainbow bridge.

I am so very sorry to hear this. I don't post much, but I got my chinchillas one day before you on Dec 7th and thats around the time I found this forum and I remember following the story of Phoenix. You gave him a great 7 months and I know he was a happy little guy when he was with you.

I'm so sorry to hear this! It's so hard to lose something we love so much. I know though, that someday, you will be together again over the rainbow bridge!

Aminah, I am soooo sorry. I loved seeing little Phoenix. I remember when you came on when you found him. You let him enjoy his final time here in complete and utter happiness. All of us know that you are one wonderful chin momma and any chin is lucky if they have you in their future.

I might not have seen a picture of you at all, but you definitely are one of the most beautiful people I know for all you do for any living thing. If only more people would treat the helpless as you do.

Now another might come along that needs you more then your little miracle chin did.
I am even tearing and crying a bit over this.

wow I'm soooo sorry for your loss. At least you were able to bring light into his dull life. He'll be watching down on you now :cry3:

Thank you :heart:

Thank you all, once again.. for the kind words of condolence. I am in awe of the way that Phoenix was able to touch hearts without ever being in your presence. It just speaks volumes about the love that was inside that little dude.

He came from a horrid rescue situation.. he never EVER should've trusted, much less, LOVED human beings again .....but he was absolutely full of it! Once he overcame the physical injuries and ailments, he was all about being with us. He took to my hubby straight away ..my other "grumpy pants" ;) ..and melted his heart. Phoenix was such a character ..with his little "tricks" ..and all that chin'kid schmack he gave me when he was havin' it his way ....but my absolute favorite thing was him "singing" to me. He liked for me to read aloud.. or sing to him.. so he'd come over after a swirl in his "dust bunny bucket" ..hop up on my shoulder or forearm ..and he'd "beep" out these little tunes to me. He was singing or talking ..I dunno... but I would overflow with the gesture. The trust. The love.

He was a special little dude ..for lots and lots of reasons ..and he will always be a treasure of life lessons in my own heart.

Oh gosh, Aminah, I haven't been around here lately and just saw this. I'm so sorry. I know how much you loved him, you even worried over getting the girls because you didn't want to upset him, despite my reassuring you he'd be fine with the new additions. He'll always be with you.

R.I.P. Phoenix

Thanks, everyone.. once again. ;)

I think my heart is mending.. of course, I will always miss this little guy ..miss him terribly... so I am working on incorporating his name and memory into some kind of ongoing memorial to rescue efforts everywhere. :heart:

Back