• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Any breeders in Nova Scotia, Canada?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewChinGuy

Hey guys,

My FN cage has just shipped andwill be arriving shortly, so I'm ready to start prepping for the arrival of a new furry friend. I'm really not enjoying the thought of having to bring her(definitely going with a female- hair rings do not bode well with me) home from a pet store, so I figured I'd ask here since a quick search online didn't turn up many results.

Are there any reputable Chinchilla breeders in NS? I'd prefer somewhere around Halifax to minimize travel time with the Chin in the car, but I can make a trip further if it means I can get a young healthy Chinchilla rather than go to the pet store that tried to recommend me a plastic deathball because "they're very fun and safe".

Thanks!

I know there used to be a breeder in Newfoundland but that is the only one I knew of on the east coast. I don't even think she is around anymore. You could look at having a chin shipped in if you wanted a chin from a breeder.

Is there any update on this?? I found it in the google search and would really like to know if there's now a breeder on the east coast (besides NFL). I live in NB and bought my previous chin from Chickadee Chins in Bangor, Maine but she has since stopped breeding.

Thanks for any info!

I am in Québec, and I do bring chins to NB. We can meet up to 3 hours my side, or I can bring the chinchilla for place for a fee. (Gas required to get to you)
For me the ride is easy. Anyhow, there is always a way. :)

I did a back and forth out there a couple of years ago rescue chinchilla to an awesome home.

here is my facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Christianes-Chinchillas/354184071270307?ref=hl

Last edited:
Back