My sweet baby, Chico

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much, everybody. Hearing from other critter people is a huge help. Even when you know it's the right thing to do, it still hurts. Right now, feeding times are the worst. We had our schedule down so well that I automatically head to the kitchen to fix Chico's meds and food, and then realize I don't have to do that any more. :cry3: My other 3 boys are all getting LOTS of extra attention right now.

I am so sorry for your loss :( It's incredibly heartbreaking to say goodbye, even though it was the right thing to do. Chico was incredibly beautiful, and part of him will always be with you.

I hear you and understand, handfeeding is a big part of your life when dealing with malo chins and when they pass it takes awhile for the feeling you are missing something to fade. For the first time in 10 years I have no chins that need hand feeding and it feels strange not to do it. Take care Tara and give your boys some scritches for me.

I'm so sorry, Tara :tissue: You were such a wonderful chinnie mom to sweet Chico and I know he knew how much you loved him. RIP little Chico....you will be fondly remembered and dearly missed.

I'm very sorry for your loss. As others have said, the right decision is not always the easiest, and it doesn't mean you hurt any less from the loss.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Back