martins R695

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone on here use the Martibs R695 cage? I have one that I used for rats last year and I was thinking about using it as a chin cage cuz its bigger than the R685 I currently have. However I was also thinking about gutting all the ramps and shelves from it since i use wood shelving. But i was wondering if anyone had any pics of theirs so i could get an idea of how to decorate and set up cuz my mind is frozen in blank mode for some reason. Thanks in advance

i think you'll find the small doors will make cleaning a pain in the tookus. other than that, it looks like a good enough size cage.

if the metal shelves add stability to the cage (since you are removing them), you'll want to ensure at least a couple wood shelves are secured at either end, running the full length or width of the cage.

I actually remove all my wood stuff from my cages and throw them in my shower to clean them so the cleaning part is pretty easy. I was just curious how people who use the cage have decorated it.

I use martins cages and leave the wire shelves in and just make wooden shelves that sit on the wire. You can remove the ramps and just put up other ledges so they can jump from them. Mine do not have wire bottoms, they have drop in pans, so no bumblefoot.

Back