Remodeling aka L&L are joining the club!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany

Mia Bella Vita
Tonight I finally took the upper half of my FN out of the trunk of my car, where it's been since I bought it in May. Several hours later I have a squeaky clean and fully assembled FN 142!!! Lady will be moving into the top half later this summer. Latte's bottom half got remodeled:

New rose liners with matching floral hammock, tube, and burrower's bed. Pink Princess wheel to celebrate her turning 6 months old this month. The pillow on top of the house isn't part of the matching set, but it is very sentimental to me. Back in December I had just put Lily down after months of nursing her, and spending 1000's of dollars in vet bills. I had made a comment on some thread that my chins were getting extra love and attention for Christmas because I was only spending money on the bare essentials. I got a PM from a very kind forum member, and complete stranger, telling me that she was going to send me presents to give to my chins for Christmas. A few weeks later two pillows showed up in the mail. I'll never forget that act of kindness, or the other people who helped me when I was grieving for my Lily. Because of that my chins will use those pillows until they fall apart!

picture.php

"Is this how I'm supposed to move it?"
picture.php

Lady's still in her old cage, but she got some new goodies too!
picture.php

picture.php

More pictures to come when Lady moves into her new cage :)

Holy crap that looks great, Britt! I'm loving the pink--it all looks so good. I don't know why, but I'm usually not a pink gal. Like ever. However, because of all the fabric I got from you I love pink and that rose pink is my fave. But that wheel...it's almost unfair how great it is.

It's like I need it. LOL! But really, you have some spoiled ladies right there.

Yay! I saw you post these last night on FB Brit and I commented on the pics! Super adorable!

Yay! I saw you post these last night on FB Brit and I commented on the pics! Super adorable!

I loved your commentary Laurie! I didn't feel like slamming the forum with ALL the pictures I took though. Tonight I'm adding some grapvine and apple perches that I bought. I'm also going to start designing Lady's 1/2 of the FN. Yep, I measure and draw everything out on paper first. <---- What a NERD!! :thumbsup:

Lady finally joined the club!! It's so nice to only have 1 cage in my room :) She's been completely moved in for a few days and is doing very well!

Lady's 1/2

picture.php

Her fleece house faces the back wall, and she loves all the hiding places!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Are you going to eventually try to introduce Lady and Latte? I'm sorry, I don't know if maybe I missed it previously and if you've already said.

On a side note: the member who sent you the pillow? How very nice and thoughtful of them. As you said, a simple act of kindness that you'll never forget.

Are you going to eventually try to introduce Lady and Latte? I'm sorry, I don't know if maybe I missed it previously and if you've already said.

We tried and failed, poor Latte lost a toe in the process. They're both fine as single girls, so I don't think I'll ever try pairing either of them up in the future.

Yay! Lady joined the club too. How's she doin?

I want to give it a little more time before I get too excited, but I'm seeing a lot of progress on her new diet. She's gained 15g this week alone and hasn't needed any medications so far. She's eating an ok amount of hay and her water consumption has increased drastically now that I have both the bottle and a bowl in the cage. Crossing my fingers that we've finally found a system that works for her.

BTW: The Beaphar I owe you hasn't arrived yet, but it should be here any day now.

Back