My first hammock!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VolunteerChin22

I <3 dustbunnies
I LOVE this peanut butter and jelly fleece!

My first attempt at making a hammock was a success! I chose to hand sew because I don't know how to use my machine very well...Not the straightest but pretty good!

DSCN1780.jpg

very nice:) i get to make my attempts for hammocks soon too. just got my fn all set up but i need to have hammocks. the chins could care less but then its more for me then them anyways lol. i hope my attempts get even remotely as good as yours!

I LOVE THAT FLEECE!!! I just made my new hammocks but they arent the best. I just learned how to use a sewing machine to make stuff for my chins. :) Would never have learned otherwise ;)

very nice:) i get to make my attempts for hammocks soon too. just got my fn all set up but i need to have hammocks. the chins could care less but then its more for me then them anyways lol. i hope my attempts get even remotely as good as yours!

Thanks guys - Michelle, the fleece is very forgiving - it looks like a hot mess inside out!

Hehe, but for a hand sewing job it looks amazing on the outside! How long did that take you?

The fleece pattern is super cute.

Honestly it probably took me about two hours from cutting out the fabric to sewing it up...it was kind of nice to just do a task like that - stress relieving LOL!

I have a machine but I don't think I have the tension set right or something because everytime I start to go it goes really fast and just completely makes a ball of tangled sown in thread I have to stop and undo :( I've watched the instruction video like 100 times and can't seem to get it right - grr.

I have some really cute donut fleece and one that is so cute with mushrooms and garden knomes that's next!

Honestly it probably took me about two hours from cutting out the fabric to sewing it up...it was kind of nice to just do a task like that - stress relieving LOL!

I have a machine but I don't think I have the tension set right or something because everytime I start to go it goes really fast and just completely makes a ball of tangled sown in thread I have to stop and undo :( I've watched the instruction video like 100 times and can't seem to get it right - grr.

I have some really cute donut fleece and one that is so cute with mushrooms and garden knomes that's next!

I think I 'liked' this photo on FB, but congrats again, it's adorable!! Do you have an appropriate needle on your machine? I have to use thick heavy duty needles, especially for things with loops where the fleece gets to be 4 layers thick at some points. Just a thought.

Back