Request for Chin Spin Stats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

I've been on the quest to building my own wheel for about 6 weeks or so now. My latest design is basically trying to mimic the Chin Spin but I'm worried that mine is a little on the heavy side. Does anyone know the weight of a Chin Spin?

The next problem that needs addressing is that I have been trying to use a lazy susan's bearing but my poor little Marty couldn't get the thing to spin. Either the bearing isn't up to it (which I suspect is the problem) or the wheel itself is too heavy (It weighed in at 3.3kg).

I have been trying to figure out how the bearing in the chin spin is supported and how the wheel is then attached to the bracket. I can't seem to find any close up pictures of the bearing housing of from the back of the wheel online so my question is, can someone that owns a chin spin take some close up pictures so I can have a better crack at getting this thing to spin.

Here is a picture of what I have so far which is the MDF base and sheet metal which gives a 16cm running surface, weighing in at 3.3kg

Back