Looking at your pictures of fn 142

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star8527

And from all your pictures I have decides Not to put the 2ndpan in and just make one huge cage.. but i am worried about him falling...He has a ton of shalves but i am still worried..

Some people place a large hammock across the middle, if they take out the middle divider. I have the divider in, and like having it in there because there are more places to put a litter pan, hidey house, food dish etc. But that's just me!

you could leave in both of the fn shelves, but take out the middle divider. that'd work. or span a wide shelf across the whole cage, midway up. or as Kate said, a hammock across the space works well too.

Rhino has a big open cage that is about the same size inside as a fn. i put a double wide shelf going across front to back, in the middle, with lots of staggered shelves all over the place too. works great, and Rhino loves the layout :))

Mine is open, and I also have a hammock across the middle. When they first came home they fell once or twice, and they landed in the hammock every time. They don't fall anymore, but it's still there just in case.

I used to have one of my FN 142's open without the middle divider for my trio.

Here is an older thread with various pics of how I set it up. I used 3 FN shelves and staggered them throughout the cage.

http://chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21140

16a77750.jpg

Back