Evie and Shadows Apartment

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickn3ro

Chinny Pal
So I found a cage online thought it was a steal for 90 bucks but I did some upgrades and now its perfect! The shelves were flimsy so I put the wood ones in and next Im putting fleece in it. Theyve been in it for 3 days and they seem happy :) Also my futon is right next to it so I can sit and do my homework and talk to them and they got a great view of the TV!

Attachments

• Evie and Shadows new home 001.jpg
    Evie and Shadows new home 001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 69
that's a nice big cage! seems about the same size as my Rhino's abode.

a few things you will want to change though:

get rid of that wheel ASAP. they are dangerous due to the wire mesh on the running surface that can catch chin toes all too easily.

put a couple shelves going side to side in the cage, or hang a hammock across the middle, half way up. if one of your chins were to slip and fall off one of the top shelves, they'd go straight to the cage bottom - a long drop for a little chin!

either move the plastic items off the top of the cage, or put a layer of fleece across the cage top as a barrier. i can see one of your chins easily chewing the bottom of that food container. i also store things on top of my cage, but have a sheet of fleece that goes across the top and down the back (also gives Rhino a little more sense of security, since all 4 sides of his cage aren't open to the room).

the metal hay ball is also dangerous - the spacing is just right for an arm or leg or head to get stuck. i'd just put the hay loose on a shelf until you can get a safer container/hay bag.

i can't quite see the cage bottom, but it looks like you have a plastic litter pan in there? i'd be switching it out for a metal or glass one. i use a metal mixing bowl for Rhino's litter pan, and other members here use the pyrex baking dishes. both work well.

other than that, looking good!

its a metal one I just havent done a litter pan before thats next I also have a hay trough at the the bottom the toys I made myself as for the wheel I just took it out

Back