120 mls critical care???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTChin

defender of all animals
Just realized my vet's office has me seriously underfeeding critical care. Good thing I caught it early.

I read in an earlier post that a chinchilla needs 120 mls of critical care a day to build up weight ???? There is 5 mls in a teaspoon...is this right?

I don't know much but I think it depends on the chin. Mine is gaining great and I'm only feeding her 75 mls a day. But then I guess what do I know?

I don't know much but I think it depends on the chin. Mine is gaining great and I'm only feeding her 75 mls a day. But then I guess what do I know?

lol everything helps. Was she eating anything on her own when she started gaining weight?

The general rule is usually at least 60 mL more is better.

o.k. thanks. The vets office was going by the Critical Care packaging It think and suggested I feed about 30 mls a day.

Lu eats 100ml a day, I have had them have steady weight at 60ml, I have had them loose weight at 100ml and had to increase to 120ml. Depends on the chin.

Thanks everyone. I'll let the staff at my vet's office know also.

My chin is putting on significant weight with about 75 mls a day :)

Back