Goodbye my sweet little Skippy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you every one for your warm wishes. It has been a week and 4 days since Skippy became an angel and I am still so heartboken. It is as fresh now as it was the day it happened. It has not sunk in with me yet that this has happened. Sometimes I feel that it has been years since I last saw her and then other times it feels like it was just 5 seconds ago and when I realise that it wasn't, it feels like someone has punched me in the stomach. I can't understand that this has happened and I long to hold her furry little body in my arms again. I am so lost going around the house that I just don't know what to do. I drove home last night from work sobbing like a maniac in the car! Until they are gone, you don't realise how much they were part of your every day life. Like, when I hear a strange noise I still have the urge to go check on her in case she has hurt herself. It is still my instinct to go say hello to her the minute I get home from work and going to bed at night is the worst. I always had my routine-get dressed, brush my teeth, then give her some new toys, take her out for a kiss and cuddle, then make sure the cage doors were closed, tuck her in and tell her I love her. Now, I don't know what to do at night, It is strange just going straight to bed without having that moment with her.

I am sorry for this long winded message. I just know that you guys understand what this feels like. She was my only baby for so long and I have so many feelings right now that I think I will never get over this. My poor sweet baby girl - I love you Skippy

I can really feel your love from this post.. But please be strong ya? Do you think if you get another fur ball to cuddle with will make you feel better? (just a suggestion). Not to treat it as a substitute but someone else to love.

Oh my-your words really tell how heartbroken you are and how much you love your baby. I am so very sorry for the loss of you angel.

I can really feel your love from this post.. But please be strong ya? Do you think if you get another fur ball to cuddle with will make you feel better? (just a suggestion). Not to treat it as a substitute but someone else to love.

The though has occurred to me but at this stage, it is too soon to think about getting another furball. I think I would feel like I was somehow betraying Skippy by loving another creature so soon after her departure. Also, we are in the middle of buying a house and we are also getting married next year so with all the upheaval, I don't think it would be fair to a creature to bring them into my life at this stage and then to move them around the place. Perhaps, after we get married and are settled in our new home, I will have a think about the situation again

Yeah I get what you mean. In the meanwhile, please stay strong! =)

But i guess skippy wouldn't mind as you are helping another of her kind. But guess everything shall wait till everything gets better =))

Back