I'm so sorry Harley..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im just seeing this now.... im so sorry Stacie.... you have experienced so much loss in such a short time :(

Oh Stacie! I'm so sad for you and I'm sorry you have to be going through this again. Just think of it this way, you were meant to give him the best 5 days of his life. If you wouldn't have gotten him he would have died at the petstore never knowing and feeling your love.

I know it hurts now but just imagine how great you made little Harley feel.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is not your fault at all, and maybe he knew you would love him and that he how he found you. He was very lucky to be with you and get to see real love, even if it were for just a short time that is still what he remembered.

Stack - Even if you had a competent vet living next door, the odds of him surviving a prolapse are not good at all. The most they can do is push the intestines back in, put a stitch in, and hope for the best. It's incredibly painful and the chances of survival are just not there. You got him from a pet store. Odds are, he was on crap food and that is what caused the prolapse. It just finally caught up with him.

There are times you can blame yourself (been there, done that) because you missed something, but this isn't one of those times.

I'm really sorry. At least he had a great home for his last few days. R.I.P. Harly.:chin1::flowers4:

I am so sorry stackie. You did nothing wrong He was loved for at least even a little while. Hang in there hon

I am so, so sorry for your loss! Harley was very fortunate to have you there to give him lots of love and attention. Rest In Peace little Harley.

Words cannot express how sorry I am. I have no idea how you are coping but I want to say if you are having a realing hard time consider talking to someone and perhaps taking depression medicine. It helped me through a bad time. Also my thoughts are with you during the 2 year anniversary of Neeko's passing. Theresa

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. You did the best for him. He knew you loved him, you were very good to him, sometimes its just bad luck.

Lots of love and support,
Sarah

Thanks everyone again. I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself but losing so many this year, especially this little baby, has really broken my spirit. I grew so attached to him so quickly and to lose him so suddenly really brought me down. Watching my babies suffer as they passed has been one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life and having to watch it so many times has just really taken it's toll on me.

I'm going to try to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of things. I'm sure it'll get better as time supposedly heals everything...my other chins are helping a lot, but the sadness is still always in the back of my mind and today has really been one of the most depressed I have ever been.

I'm sorry, Stacie. Try and remember that you are good chin mommy and even thought it was only for a short time Harley was loved. He knows you love him. I'm sure he had the most wonderful 5 days of his life with you. He won't be forgotten. ~hugs~

Oh, God, Stacie, I'm so very, very sorry for your loss of little Harley. :flowers5:

He was a fortunate chinnie to have been discovered by you in that petstore. He came home with a Chin Mommy and Daddy who loved him and who knew how to care for him, especially having an emergency vet to whom they could turn in his time of need.

As painful as it has been for you and your chinnies, you should know that being with them as they passed was a great comfort to them, and being held and loved by their Mommy was the final bit of comfort that you could provide for them. As sad as it is, I think that it is still a good thing; I know that I would want to be held and loved and comforted by my mommy.

I'll keep you and all of your Chinnie Angels in my prayers.

Stacie, I just came across this thread, and just wanted to share how very sorry I am that Harley left you so soon. Obviously, he was meant to find you. You gave him a lifetime of love in those few days, and he knew love before he died. You did what was best for him, and he is now at peace, and in company with your other beloved chins. I know this is incredibly hard for you, but you are such a good person and have a huge heart with so much love to give. Take the time to heal and know that you're a great chin mommy who did the right thing for her baby.

Stacie, I am so sorry to hear of Harley's passing. Don't beat yourself up over it. You didn't do anything wrong. Harley was lucky to find his way into your heart and home, even if it was for such a short time.

I am so sorry for your loss Stacie, you take such great care of your chinnies, it's not your fault at all. Hugs.

Stacie, I know it's hard--losing so many of your babies in a short amount of time is heartbreaking. But you've got to know that you take incredible care of your chinnies and that those that have passed are happily playing over the bridge.

=( By how you write this post, I really feel your love for Harley. Please do not think your a failure ya? I'm so very sorry for your lost.

Back