• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Desperately need metal pans for ferret nation cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliedawn

Hi guys, I really need two of the metal poo guard pans for the two levels in the ferret nation cage.
We have a baby now so cleaning the cage is now a chore! Haha and we have poo all over the place around our chins cage daily! We cannot afford the new ones, so I was hoping someone would like to sell some used ones. Please let me know asap :)
thank you so much in adance!:)

I have a brand new pan that fits the bottom made from KW Cages you can have it for $19.00. I usually go to the blue cloud mine but will not be traveling there soon. I live close to Knott's Berry Farm if you're ever in this area.

If you are still using the original plastic pans you can make it chew-resistant and keep stray bedding/poos in by making a set of scatter guards like these for the bottom of the cage:

I actually got a set of these included with a CN that I bought off CL, they worked surprisingly well until I got bass pans for that cage :)

The back board is held in place by the sides, and the front board (which is 4" tall, the rest are 6" - if you aren't using bedding, 4" all the way around would be plenty) is kind of wedged in place by friction and held in place by the doors when closed. A similar setup could be used for the middle level too, but you'd need more hardware to hold everything in place with the open corner.

Back