Vets in harrisburg PA?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr Stern is in mechanicsburg area. I have not gone to her yet but have spoken to her on the phone. She has done amazing work on my friends rabbit and seemed willing to learn/work with chins. She said she had done them before (c-section, x rays and dentals). I have her on my vet list as well as a vet in maryland.

willing to learn?
Im a little uncertain by that remark. Does she not have real chin knowledge despite having worked of them or something?

What I meant by that is she will prescribe what she feels is the best options/meds/treatments but if you disagree or want something different she is willing to listen and adjust. The chin is your pet and she respects your independent research.

Slightly off topic - slightly on topic here

I was preparing/looking for a vet for my chin but i figured my ferrets had more time. They are less likely to need to go then a chin; that i had a little bit of time.

Yesterday i went into my pet room and found my ferret convulsing. I was frantically trying to find a vet that could treat ferrets. Since this is a new area to me, i don't know any of the places around here. I was calling everyone i could find from vets to animal hospitals. None of them treated ferrets. Several of them did refer me to Dr. Stern... amusing... But it appears she was taking a week off or something. And it started that day. So i couldn't see her. It took me a half hour or constant calling to find someone that could see my ferret. His prognosis wasn't all to good to say the least. But it should serve as a lesson/example to ppl to find vets asap.

FYI: the vet that saw him was Pamela Jennings DVM. They mentioned that they see chins too.

25 Shady Lane
Carlisle, PA 17013
717-243-2717

Back