Michigan (Detroit area)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les

I just moved from CA to MI and I'm having trouble finding a vet for my chinchilla. I live in Livonia, so anywhere close by will work. I saw a post from someone who has a vet in Lansing (which is about 1 hr away). If I can't find anything closer, I might settle for that. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks!

I highly recommend Dr. Taylor at Caputo Animal Hospital. She is very knowledgeable and if she doesn't know, she does the research to find out. She spayed my bunnies, cared for and operated on my chinchillas, and really cares. Plus, it would be even closer to you than me since you are in Livonia! :)

Thank you so much for your help! It is much closer (Dearborn). My chin says, "Thank you," too!

If you need someone more local, you could try Alsager Animal Care Clinic. I don't have personal experience with them and chinchillas, but I do use Dr. Fear for hedgehogs. He came recommended to me by a chinchilla person over 10 years ago. They are in Canton, and have Saturday & Sunday hours. You may want to check it out, as it may open another option in case of an emergency.

I don't mind going to livonia or canton for good care. Is there anyone in the northern or northwestern suburbs of metro detroit area?

Last edited:
Back