North Carolina....Raleigh, Jacksonville, Wilmington?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kara315

Hi,
I have a great vet hear near Albany, NY. One of my chins has teeth issues and needs his teeth filed about twice a year.
I'm looking into moving to North Carolina in a couple years.....in or around one of the areas of Raleigh, Jacksonville or Wilmington, or possibly Fayetteville. Does anyone recommend any vets around any of these areas that have experience with chins, especially if you know they can deal with teeth issues. Or if you just know they have experience. I want to make sure there is a good vet for whenever I decide to move and take them with me.
Thanks.

And also, Do you know of any after hour/emergency vets that actually handle chins.....the one near me didn't seem to know much about chins or exotics when I asked.

Last edited:
Avian and Exotic is in Raleigh and pretty much one of the only "exotic" vets in the area. I'm not a big fan of them myself due to their very high costs (basic check ups are triple what they would be at a normal vet) and the fact that they suggest fruits and veggies for chins, but I've had customers who were happy with them.

I believe they have after hours as well..

Thank you. It's good to know a good one is around, even if they are a bit high.....and the E-Vet in the area seems to treat exotics as well.

Do you or anyone know about any chin vets in Wilmington?

Back