Los Angeles, California vets?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Rosskopf - Avian and Exotic Animal Hospital - is a wonderful vet that I used when I lived in California. If he himself does not treat chins, I am sure there is someone in the practice that does... They are located at 4871 W Rosecrans Ave in Hawthorne. The number is 310-679-0693. Hope that helps!

Also, as an update, Dr Rosskopf is still practicing in Hawthorne and he was just great when I had to take in my boys.

Chin & hedgie vet near LA

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Sari Kanfer and I am a veterinarian in Pasadena, CA. My hospital, Exotic Animal Care Center, sees 100% exotic animals. We mostly see rabbits, chinchillas and guinea pigs, but we also see hedgehogs, ferrets, sugar gliders, small rodents, birds, reptiles and wildlife. I perform a lot of molar trims on chinchillas, rabbits and guinea pigs as well. We aim to practice high quality medicine with a high level of compassion. I am posting here because chinchillas need to go to vets that are experienced and stay up to date, and are not just treating out of a book.
Exotic Animal Care Center
2121 East Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
626-405-1777
www.exoticanimalcarecenter.com
And you can check us out on Facebook and Yelp

Glad to know that you are open on Wednesdays since my vet is closed on that day. If I ever need to go on a Wed I will keep you in mine.

I have heard nothing but good things about both vets posted here, Dr. Sari Kanfer & Dr. Rosskopf. I have rabbits & a chinchilla & would take any of them to either vet with no worries as to how well they would be treated. I volunteer at a rabbit rescue & the owner as well as several other rescue owners have had nothing but good things to say about Dr Rosskopf & I only know of the other vet by her reputation but everything I have heard has been very good. Just figured i'd add my opinion to this thread.

Back