Vets in the Indianapolis Area?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamaisVu

I am moving to Indianapolis very soon, so I wanted to see if anybody had any recommendations of veterinarians in the area that are knowledgeable with chinchillas?

I will take them for a checkup right before we leave FL, so they should be good for a while, but I want to have a number and place in mind, just in case.

Thank you so much!

I work at Olive Branch Parke Vet Clinic which is on the southside of Indy (Greenwood). We do see chins and it would be best to make an appointment on a Monday or Friday if possible since those are the days I work and I'm the crazy chinchilla lady here. ;) We are open Monday - Friday 8:30-5:30. If you register on the website you can get a $25 new client coupon as well.

Our info:
Olive Branch Parke Vet Clinic
www.olivebranchvet.com
[email protected]
317-887-8387

1480 Olive Branch Parke Lane, Suite 600
Greenwood, IN 46143

Another good one is on the north side of Indy, called Avian & Exotics Animal Clinic. Their website is http://www.exoticvetclinic.com/

Oh wow, I had forgotten to check back on this. I'll be moving next week, more towards the north side, but I'll keep your vet clinic in mind. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

I'd definitely check out Dr. Lennox at Avian & Exotic animal hospital then, she is awesome.

I second this. We drove our dying chinchilla Orville to her 24-hour emergency clinic. They couldn't save him, but they did a great job trying. He had fluid in his lungs and they couldn't get him alert enough to feel comfortable giving him xrays. They found the fluid in a necropsy.

They had a nice oxygen cage for him to stay in though. They were very kind and caring. And they knew what they were doing. You could tell they were knowledgable about chinchillas and not just making guesses.

Great, I'll make sure to check them out. I found out I'm actually around 5 minutes away from the Avian and Exotics clinic (happy coincidence, it's so nice to have a clinic close in case of an emergency). Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. :)

Back