Lost chinchilla. Help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help! My chinchilla has been lots for 2 hours, she was lost in my bedroom,everything was closed and no holes. It's the biggest mystery ever,we have turned the room upside down, only had her for a day and we also have another one in her cage.what should we do, there is no way for her to get out yet we have searched under,on top of and threw everything. If anyone has advice please let me know, how should I make sure she is ok ?

Make sure the door is closed in the room until you get her. Try leaving her dust bath out and see if she uses it. You might have to leave the room. You will know she used it because there will be dust all over. If you can't find her get a Have a heart cage trap and set it with a treat in it. Did you escape from her cage or did you let her out? Did you look under the bed - up where the box spring is? They are real clever in hiding.

Thank. I have tried lots, we have opened cupboards and lifted up my bed but still no sign of her. We are puzzled as my full family are helping to find her. She isn't a loud pet so we can hear her but it's a huge mystery so any other advice would be a great help!

Is there anything else we could do,how long can they go without food and water and when should we give up on looking as we have run out of ideas )

Yes. We still can't see her anywhere and it's a HUGE mystery as all my family are on high alert,there is no way she could have escape the bedroom,is there any other things we can do and when do you think we should give up on the search, it's have been nearly 5 hours and no sign,any more advice would be greatly appreciated!

ill also point out that if you've only had her a day then there is no chance she has adjusted to the new environment. She is probably very scared. (As such you shouldnt let them out for a while.) And that will make them want to hide away even more.

I would leave her dust bath outside of her cage, maybe some feed and her water bottle. Have you checked the closet? She could be inside a shoe. When moving things, please be careful.

We have found her in a hole behind the toilet,thank you for all the suggestions and we hope this won't happen again!:neener:

Back