Ferret Nation or Critter Nation?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynnann

I have recently adopted 1 chin and rescued another they both are in separate cages and the cages are taking up to much room. I'd like to buy a stacked cage but still be able to keep them separate for the time being. I'm having a hard time deciding between the FN and the CN. Any suggestions would be helpful.

since they aren't babies I would go with the FN. It is a little bit sturdier. Also you can put your fingers in to scratch their neck without opening the door. With the CN you can't because the spacing is smaller

CN are good for babies due to the small bar spacing so they cant escape. Once they are older/larger i prefer the FN. I also prefer a used model 142 (used since its discontinued) over a new 182 any day.

I have one of each. This may help with the visual.

CN (Left) and FN (Right)

picture.php

FN

picture.php

CN

picture.php

i also have one of each. (great photos by the previous post by the way!) i prefer the FN, if i had the choice, and here's why. When hanging heavier things like ledges and fleece tubes, the vertical bars of the FN are more sturdy. Actually, on the CN, the bars snapped on mine from a fleece tube and a chin who liked to bounce on it. i was able to fix it but still, the vertical bars of the FN are certainly more sturdy.

Back