Giant Dog issues

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanceswithElvis

House Hobo
Not as bad as the title sounds. Mr. Batou, my Great Pyrenees is huge. It's impossible to find a halter for him...even harder to find collars.

The other night I almost bought him a doggie costume though. Almost. It was the Staypuft Marshmallow Man. Perfect for a giant white dog. So, I got out the tape and was measuring him.

47" chest.
36" neck.

o_O

Costume not going to happen.

You might want to check out goat/cow/horse halters and collars. I have seen those used before on really big dogs.You can also buy the nylon webbing /buckles and make your on. There also a few people( search web for custom dog collars) that I'm sure could make one to fit. Good luck.Those big white polar bears are gorgeous!

I read the title and immediately thought of Clifford.

I like the goat/cow/horse idea for the halter and collar.

But now I'm thinking of costumes for cows... Like, if I had a cow... and this cow could communicate with me in a way I could understand. And it said "I wanna dress up for Halloween..." Then what?

I totally see the goat as a British WWII pilot.

I think the horse would be either a dinosaur or a hockey goalie.

Attachments

• Clifford.JPG
    Clifford.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 295
I love little dogs, but I so love big dogs too. And that's a BIG dog.

I thought finding a collar to fit my little chihuahua was hard... lol (usually have to get a kitten collar) I couldn't imagine finding one to fit him.

I agree, might have to find someone online to make one for him. There used to be a member on here that made custom collars, leashes, bandanas, etc for dogs. Don't know if they still do and I can't remember who though, but maybe someone else will. I just remember buying one for my dog.

Back