Arlington DONATIONS

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10lbs of wood, chubbas and other goodies shipped out priority.:thumbsup:

On the hedgie side they are saying that the soonest they will be able to move is the 20th, because they have to wait to make sure there is no appeal, if they appeal it it may be another 25 days before anything moves!

I would imagine the timeline is the same for any groups because they have to wait for SPCA to release the animals.

All we can do right now is wait, prepare, and hope for them not to appeal. I would imagine at this point if they did appeal SPCA will go after them for fees for caring for these animals etc. at least I would hope so. The hardest part is remembering these animals aren't "ours" ( referring to everyone helping, and the folks generously setting everything up ) yet.

On the hedgie side they are saying that the soonest they will be able to move is the 20th, because they have to wait to make sure there is no appeal, if they appeal it it may be another 25 days before anything moves!
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but it could go on longer than that. It depends what decisions are made and how many appeals are allowed. I've seen it happen time and time again. Animals in seizure situations can be be in limbo for months and months. Hopefully, that won't be the situation here.

You also have to remember, although everyone here thinks of these animals as living beings, according to the law they are considered personal property. As personal property, they cannot be disposed of (released to rescues), until all appeals and legal recourse have been exhausted.

Last edited:
Yes, things can go on for a while. Let's use the time well. I would rather the donations of chew stuff go a bit at a time. The Texas GP Rescue in Dallas is helping too and they are in Dallas and work closely with the SPCA. They are helping with pellets until Oxbow digs out.

I was in an animal advocates meeting yesterday and the LA SPCA people were there. They have been to the holding facility and it sounded like a really good job was done to provide the temp/humidity that each species needs. The place was divided up using wood framing a 4 ml cloth. It is being looked at as a model for future disaster shelters.

As they let me know, I'll post here. If a bond is posted for an appeal, we'll make longer term arrangements. Thanks all, for what was sent so far.

PPBN's shipping costs were covered by a forum member. Thanks.

Linda at Kleenmama's Hayloft, www.kmshayloft.com, will be shipping hay to the Arlington chins starting today. She is supplying the hay at no charge and asks only that shipping is paid. This offer is good for as much hay as can be shipped for $150 - about 4x45lb.

The shipping for today's order is $38.02. We have funds to cover it. An account has been opened to accept donations for future shipments.

Back