Custom Built Chinchilla Cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LYChinchillas

www.LYChinchillas.com
Hey everyone! Just wanted to reach out and see which of you have built your own cages for your babies - either from an armoire, wood, or other shelving unit that has been converted. My boyfriend and I have painstakingly built one last year and have been making more modifications on it lately.

I've found that having a custom-built wood-based cage makes it easy to make modifications at any point, new shelves and designs only take new pieces of kiln-dried pine and a few screws (and a few patient chinnies)!

You can find our custom cages here! They're constantly a work in progress, but we're very happy with what we've accomplished most recently. http://lychinchillas.com/2014/12/17/custom-chinchilla-cages/

I told my husband what I wanted and he designed them, nothing has been changed in the cage since they were built, the platforms are all tiled so the wear in non-existant and so easy to keep clean.

Back