Do you make cage stuff yourself?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleksandra

I was wondering if you too make your own cage pieces, fleece stuff and toys! If yes then pictures please! I got a great new cage for my chins and I'm trying to make it perfect before they move in. I thought I would share with you all the stuff that I made myself! Sorry I couldn't rotate the pictures!

Attachments

• 20150618_043650.jpg
    20150618_043650.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 102
  • 20150618_043636.jpg
    20150618_043636.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20150607_002218.jpg
    20150607_002218.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20150611_094023.jpg
    20150611_094023.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20150618_044853.jpg
    20150618_044853.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 72
Looks real nice. Good job. I bet they will be very happy. I have no sewing skills, horrible at it. But I made my own cage, and will be posting it soon.

I would love to use the patterns that you used to make some stuff. I just bought some fleece in very similar colors to your choices and I can't wait to get started on some lovely things for my little guys. I'm especially interested in the fleece pad with the hole in the middle, as I have a shelf that I had been contemplating making something like this for. Nice job!

aw, it looks good! the beds look super comfy too..i am currently working on making my chins a playpen. so far so good

Those hammocks and the "house" looking bed look professional! I wish I could sew something up like that! I noticed you have lining over what I am presuming to be wire bottoms. What are you doing there? Are you just lying fabric down, or is there cotton in between? I'd like to do something similar.

Shooper sells fleece liners. You can find her ads in the Classifieds section of the forum, or, if you're on Facebook, you can find her at Fleece for Furries.

I need to get a sewing machine, when I first got my FN182 I sewed cage liners a hammock and tube cover by hand. I just order from fleece for furries until I get a sewing machine.

IMG_3476_zpssafb3tvg.jpg

Here is an over view both fleece liners, hammock, tube cover, and at the bottom where the storage part is, there is the plastic shelf liners. All hand sewn. I would love to make an order off fleece for furries, but its expensive.

Wow, I love everything you've made! You could even sell those!

The only thing I attempted to make was a hammock (it turned out good and he uses it sometimes), and a hay bag.. but he didn't like that at all, so I got rid of it. It wasn't the prettiest thing anyway, haha.

Do you have patterns you can share? I actually found this forum by searching for post about making my own items for cages.

Yeah I am all about DIY. I make my own parrot branches and rope perches. I make my own wood shelves for my Chins and I just buy cute fleece from the fabric store and cut to size and tuck it in. Works great and looks cute.

I buy used cheap baskets from thrift stores. They make great chew toys and are fun to sit in for the chins.

I don't have a way to post pictures but I make my own pillowcase liners for my critter nation cage. I think I'm pretty good at it but it's hard to mess up a straight line with a sewing machine lol! I have made my own chin buddy but it didn't turn out so good, Milo still loves it though! Last night I began work on two hay bags for my boys, I haven't finished them yet but I'll let you know how they turn out and if they like them or not. Your stuff is excellent by the way!

Back